This project is read-only.

Splitting the site structure in different menus

Jul 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Edited Jul 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to seperate the sitestucture in different menus (vertical/horizontal)?
E.g. with Tab ID starting nodes or something else?

Thanks in advance
Manfred

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Hi Manfred,

The category menu module has options for default and static categories, plus you can use multiple instances of the module on the same page, one horizontal and one vertical. You can have one set to display only the root menu and the other to display only the submenu. For this, you disable the treeview menu and use the settings further up the settings page. You can also place different product list modules on different pages and set them to display set categories. And finally, you can create hyperlinks in a text or links module pointing to specific categories or search results. This would then also act as a menu.

You'll have to experiment and see if you can configure it for your needs, but those are the available options.

Regards
Rob

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Hi Rob,

thank you for your help.

I hoped for a more native and simple solution :-(

Regards
Manfred

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Not sure what could be better that that? It's all native module functionality.. no development required.
Rob

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Hi Rob,

what do you mean with "category menu module"? Is this third party?
I've installed this AZ.DNNMenu and added to my skin according the instructions.

My goal is, to configure the behaviour with the provided tokens and the look via css.
Without installing a further module ...

Thank you
Manfred

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Hi Manfred,

I spend all day answering posts on Codeplex for NB Store and I've just realised I'm also receiving notifications for the DNN-Menu. I didn't notice as the email notifications all look the same.

Regarding your question, as far as I can tell, this particular menu doesn't have an option to set the root level.

I use another third party menu - the Northsky menu, which is available on snowcovered for cheap. It allows the root page to be specified, and it works as both a skin object and a module. There are other menus on snowcovered that may also work like this, but I'm unsure.

Regards
Rob

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Hi Rob,

I would like to use especially this AZ.DNNMenu because the handling is very promising.
In the past I worked with some snow modules. Although they work, I am looking for a smarter solution.

Thank you anyway!
Regards Manfred