Creating compliant code

May 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Hello again,

I've been using this menu to duplicate another menu I've been using for a long time, with the view if then enhancing it.

One of the most valuable features is that the other menu inserts id="item_pagename" into each list item... for example as follows:

<li id="item_Home"><a class="current first" href="http://www.domain.com/Default.aspx"><span>Home</span></a></li>

I can duplicate that by using id="item_[#TabName]"

However, when the page has a name with spaces in it, such as "Home Page" then it creates id="item_Home Page" which is non-compliant because of the space.

The old menu resolves this by removing spaces so that it creates id="item_HomePage" instead.

Is there any way that this menu can be made to do that? Do you accept donation or sponsorship for added features?

Regards
Rob

Coordinator
May 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Hello Rob,

thanks for your feedback. We understand your requirement. We`ll discuss if we add a new token which contains the Tabs Name without non-compliant characters.

Actually we are working on a new release off the DNN Menu which contains several improvements and some new features. You might find some of your suggestion in there :-).

Thanks for using the DNN Menu.

Greetings,

Alex