Hide ADMIN, HOST and certain pages from menu?

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Is it possible to hide the ADMIN and HOST menus? Also is there a way to hide certain pages from the menu system so it doesn't render them even though they are ticked to be part of the menu system in the Page Settings? This will come in handy if I want to create a footer menu but not display every page that's part of the menu system.

For example:

<AZ:FOOTERMENU ID="azNAV" runat="server" Hide="Admin,Host,1,2,3,4," Template="Footer" />
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Hi,

up to now it is not possible to the admin/host menu. Your suggestions is valid, it would be e good thing to exclude certain pages from the menu.

We try to bring this feature in a coming release.

Cheers,

Jo

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I agree that being able to hide pages would be great.

Most skins we use do not have enough room for the admin & host pages - we use oliver Hines control panel to access these pages.

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hi,

I think with DNN 5 this is not really necessary - just disable "Include in Menu" from the Admin and "Host" page...

Thanks Johannes for this great menu!

Best wishes from Innsbruck
Michael

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Every other menu I have used has this function (snapis menu, ddr menu etc).

If you want to sell your skins or install them on multiple portals then being able to hide pages is still required so that you do not break the skin.

Unchecking the "include in menu" option on admin & host pages won't work as sometimes you need to display this pages using a "submenu" or "console" type module that require the "include in menu" option be left checked.

May 7, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Yes, something needs to be done with the Admin and Host menus.

They need to be able to be removable, or if they are included as now, then render them as links rather than spans so that at least they match the remaining menu items by default... like they do in other menus. Making them removable would be more useful for DNN5, but not so much for DNN4.

That seems to be the only problem I've found in this otherwise perfect menu! You guys are brilliant.

Regards
Rob