This project is read-only.

Skin Object Token

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to create a token during the installation to be able to use the menu as a classical skinobject in a html skin instead of modifying the ascx generated file?

Regards,

JB

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Hi,

at the moment it's not possible but your point ist valid. We will consider implementing this in a further release.

Cheers,

Jo

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

thanks for the answer. Just for curiosity, what is the blocking point to implement it (modifying the .dnn file)?

Cheers,

JB

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM

In fact there is no blocking point. We just didn't consider it until your request (thanks again :)).

I personally don't do my skins using the token technique. This might be the reason we were not aware of the possiblity.

Cheers,

Jo

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hi,

I prefer creating the skin using the token technique (new or old syntax) because some times, I'm not doing the html (as I'm more a developer than a html designer) but a designer do (and he can do it better :p) .

He can know html syntax but not ascx. I can tell him to use a list of token inside the html file and I can parse it directly in dnn (I'm sure that all skin object are installed after the parsing by the way).

Cheers,

JB